In trying to summarize the things we believe, there are two dangers. First, there is the danger that some will take the statement of beliefs as a creed rather than going to the true source of doctrine, the Bible. Second, there is the danger that we might omit something important. That said, we have prayerfully drafted this list of beliefs commonly held by the members of the Ridgecrest church.
- First, that there is a sovereign God who spoke the universe into existence, and that we owe Him our obedience. (Acts 17:24)
- That God’s word is the only absolute source of truth. (John 17:17)
- That God has given man the ability to choose between good and evil.
- That we have not inherited Adam’s sin, but we have inherited the consequences of Adam’s sin.
- That we are saved by Christ’s atoning blood. (1 Peter 1:19, 20)
- That although we can do nothing to earn our salvation, God has set conditions we must abide by in order to be saved (1 Peter 1:22)
That these conditions are:
- Believe that Jesus is the son of God (John 3:17,18)
- Repent of our sins (Acts 2:38)
- Confess (acknowledge) Jesus as the Son of God (Matthew 10:32)
- Be baptized (Acts 22:16)
- That a child of God can sin so as to be eternally lost. (2 Peter 3:17)
- That the New Testament has given us God’s pattern for the organization, work, and worship of the church.
If you are searching for a church home, or if you just have questions about our beliefs or the biblical doctrine on which we base them, you are always welcome to attend our Sunday or Wednesday worship services, or to contact our church office for more information.